+37Years of Experience
Dr. Faissal A.M Shaheen is a Consultant, Nephrology at Dr. Soliman Fakeeh Hospital.
Dr. Faissal A.M Shaheen provides the following services at the hospital :
1. Kidney & liver biopsy U/S.
2. Supervise all the TX surface.
3. Dialysis Prescription.
4. Care of patient.
5. Care of critical ill patient.
6. Insertion of dialysis line.
7. Pre post Tx care of ill patient.
Dr. Faissal A.M Shaheen obtained his MBBCH from the faculty of medicine, Almansoura University, Almansoura, Egypt in 1981 then he finished his Nephrology training at Western infirmary hospital, Glasgow, UK in 1984 followed by getting his Medicine of Nephrology from the University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria in 1987 then he obtained the FRCP from the Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, UK in 2002 and also obtaining the FACP from the American college of physician, USA in 2010.
Dr. Faissal A.M Shaheen started his career as a resident in the department of Internal Medicine at King Fahad hospital, Jeddah,KSA from 1981 to 1984 then as a Senior Resident in the department of IM & Nephrology at Clinical attachment in Vienna, Austria from 1984 to 1987 . Dr. Faissal A.M Shaheen worked as a Consultant in the Medicine & Nephrology department and also was the Head of the department at K.Fahad hospital, Jeddah, KSA from 1987 to 2011 then he worked as a consultant in the department of nephrology at Al-Shaty hospital, Jeddah, KSA in 1987 . Dr. Faissal A.M Shaheen became the Founder and director of Jeddah kidney center at K.Fahad hospital, Jeddah, KSA from 1990 to 2011 and also became the Director of the Saudi center for organ transplantation (SCOT), Riyadh, KSA from 1993 to 2018.
– Past president of middle east of society of organ transplants.
– Councilor member of (TTS).
– Councilor member of DICG.
– Councilor member of MESOT.
-President elect of Internal society of organ transplants.
-W.H.O adviser for organ donation and transplant.
-Chairman of the 1st GCC organ transplantation congress.
– Obtained an Award of scientific achievement and excellence from Mansoura university, Egypt in 2002.
– Received an Award from Austria government for achievement in transplantation in 2004.
– The world transplantation society awarded Dr. Shaheen for his achievements in and contribution to development of transplantation in KSA. Ankarta, Turkey in 2007..