+11Years of Experience
Dr. Raed Azhar is Consultant, Urology at Dr.Soliman Fakeeh Hospital.
Dr. Raed Azhar provides the following services at the hospital :
– Minimally Invasive Surgery (Robotics and Laparoscopy).
– Endourology and stone disease including advanced flexible ureteroscopy.
– Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia including Bioplar prostate surgery and laser surgery.
– General Urology .
– Malignant and benign conditions of the prostate, kidney, bladder, adrenal gland, testis and ureter.
Dr. Raed Azhar got his M.B.; Ch.B from the Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University , Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 2003 then he got his Internship from King Abdulaziz University Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 2004 later in 2012 he finished his Urology Residency in McGill University, Montreal, Canada in 2012 then obtained his Fellowship in Robotic Surgery and Advanced Laparoscopy from USC Institute of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA in 2012 followed by getting the Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Urologic Oncology from USC Institute of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA in 2013 then she got his Fellowship in Endourology, Laparoscopy & Robotics from USC Institute of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA in 2014 then he got his Master of Science in Clinical, Biomedical, and Translational Investigations from Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA in 2014.
Dr. Raed Azhar has worked as a Urology Consultant in the department of Urology at Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Hospital, Los Angeles, California, USA from 2012 to 2016 then worked as Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Urology at USC Institute of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA from 2015 to present also worked as Assistant Professor, Urology Consultant at Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, KSA from 2015 to present.
Dr. Raed A. Azhar is currently the President of the Saudi Urological Association. He completed his Urology residency training at McGill University in Canada then he pursued fellowship training in Advanced Robotics and Laparoscopy at USC Institute of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California under the direction of Dr.Inderbir Gill, one of the world leaders in minimally invasive/robotic urological surgery. He was actively involved with the USC team in the development of innovative techniques in Robotic Urologic surgery. He then arrived back on faculty at King Abdulaziz University in Saudi Arabia while still serving as an adjunct clinical assistant professor of Urology at USC Institute of Urology, Los Angeles, California.
He is considered one of the leaders of robotic urologic surgery in Saudi Arabia and in the Middle East. He has helped developing robotic surgery programs in this part of the world. Most recently he played a leading role in establishing the new robotic surgery program at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah. He is listed as an official robotic surgery provider by Intutive da Vinci Surgery. He has been invited as a speaker, visiting professor, proctor and as surgeon around the world to demonstrate robotic surgery procedures. He has also received several acclaimed awards including scholarship awards, outstanding resident teacher awards as well as several awards for his scientific presentations and surgical videos at scientific meetings. He has presented many abstracts at scientific meetings and has authored several peer-reviewed articles, reviews, and book chapters. He is a reviewer for several urology journals. More recently he joined the SIU (Société Internationale d’Urologie) uCARE research council.
- Active Member of the American Urological Association, Canadian Urological Association and Endourological Society form 2012 to present .
- Physician & Surgeon with Active License from Medical Board of California from 2012 to present .
- Fellow at The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada form 2012 to present .
- Fellow at American College of Surgeons from 2015 to present.
- Scientific Council for Urology Board –Board Member- at Saudi Council of Health Specialties from 2016 to present .
- UCARE Research Council – Board Member at Société Internationale d’Urologie from 2016 to present .
- President at Saudi Urological Association from 2016 to present .