In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
The assisted reproductive therapy at DSFH is one of the best staffed and equipped units in Saudi Arabia. It Has highly qualified and trained team of obstetricians, embryologists, nurses and IVF lab technologists.
The IVF Lab at DSFH offers the following services:
- Advanced Semen Analysis according to WHO Regulations 1999 and 2003
- Testicular Sperm Retrieval from azoospermic patients. Microsurgically retrieved samples are estimated, processed for proper sperm search using two inverted microscopes equipped with an advanced optic system.
- Ejaculated sperm processing in artificial insemination husband procedures.
- Treatment of infertile couple through In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). The procedure includes:
Male: ejaculated, epididymal or testicular sperm processing. Selection of the best morphologically normal spermatozoa.
Female: Oocyte retrieval under general anesthesia
Oocyte decoronization, oocyte grading, oocyte injection with sperm and follow up of fertilized eggs “zygotes” and “embryos”
- Transfer of selected good embryos to the wife.
- Cryopreservation of sperms, zygotes and embryos using specific cryoprotectants and using liquid nitrogen as reservoir.
Our infertility expert obstetricians run infertility clinics in the same area of the IVF lab area, which is located in the 6th floor of bldg. 1 east