Dr. Soliman Fakeeh hospital continues its tradition of being an institution of many firsts by introducing the first Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation service in the Kingdom’s private sector. This Unit aims to optimize the overall physical, mental, and social functioning of our patients with heart and lung related conditions.
This Unit works hand in hand with other department such as Cardiology, Pulmonology, Dietary Services, Patient Education, Psychiatry, Psychology, and Internal Medicine to provide comprehensive and holistic care to our patients. We enable our patients to change their lifestyles through a rehabilitation program composed of medically prescribed and supervised exercise – specific to their diagnoses, physical capacity and personal goals, healthy dietary practices, proper medication administration, and relaxation, so that they may reach the same physical condition as when they were disease-free.
A holistic approach to patient care
- Multidisciplinary Team – ‘one stop shop’ for our patient’s medical needs
- Individual care and attention – no more than 2 patients at a time
- Physical training tailored to patient’s medical needs
- Continuous ECG and vital signs monitoring during physical activity
- Focused attention on the emotional and mental effects of cardiopulmonary disease
- Extensive patient education about their diseases
- Personalized nutritional advice and weight management
Our Unit is located in Bldg 1, in the basement and is open 5 days a week and covers both morning and evening hours for the convenience of our patients. Consultation is available on Mondays and Tuesdays, 5-9 PM
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
Working hours and days of week for clinics and services:
Clinics – Monday and Tuesdays 5-9 PM
Rehab Services – Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday 12-9 PM and Monday/Thursday 9 AM – 6 PM