About Pharmaceutical Services
The pharmacies in DSFH incorporate our organization’s values of teamwork, continuous improvement, and placing patients and families always at the center of our attention.
All operations in DSFH are supervised by the Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee, and all our processes are compliant with JCIA, Saudi FDA, CBAHI and ACHSI (Australian Council for Healthcare Standards International).
Pharmaceutical Services at DSFH:
- Outpatient Pharmacy Services:
Providing services to all clinics and emergency rooms, the four Outpatient pharmacies in DSFH (i.e. OP.1 – OP.2 – OP.3 – OP.4), ensure top quality delivery of all compounded pharmaceutical preparations by well-trained and competent pharmacists who are also keen on providing patients with consultation on proper use of their particular medications. Over-the-counter drugs are also available at these pharmacies and cosmetical products are available for self-selection purchase in Body Central.
- Inpatient Pharmacy Services:
Our centralized Inpatient Pharmacy offers dedicated around the clock services to admitted patients providing prescription medications in compliance with the international accreditation standards for medications’ management.The Inpatient Pharmacy ensures the appropriate distribution of medications to an average of 400 patients per day, and our Inpatient Pharmacists work together with our assistants to ensure accurate delivery of the highest quality pharmaceutical care to our patients.
- Clinical Pharmacist Services:
- Our clinical Pharmacists supervise the implementation of the hospital’s pharmaceutical care plan and total parental nutrition. They are also responsible for collecting, investigating and analyzing possible reports about medication errors and reported drug adverse events. The Clinical Pharmacists also provide consultative recommendations to our physicians upon their request.Clinical Pharmacists function as an integral part of the health care team at DSFH. Clinical Pharmacists work closely with our physicians on delivering the desired therapeutic outcome, preventing or minimizing drug-related issues, and raising awareness about medication use. Clinical Pharmacists also practice in several of our Ambulatory Care Clinics.
- Training For Excellence:
- DSFH Pharmaceutical services organizes training programs designed for pharmacy and clinical pharmacy students, and aiming to support new generations with the needed knowledge and skills to achieve excellence in practice.
OP.1: Outpatient Pharmacy 1
Location: Ground Floor Building 1.
Opening times: Sunday – Saturday (24 hours).
Contact: Telephone No. : 012 66 55 000 ext. # 2181, 2219.
OP.2: Outpatient Pharmacy 2
Location: Building 2, Ground Floor.
Opening times: Sunday – Saturday (08.00 a.m. to 12.00 Midnight)
Contact: Telephone No.: 012 66 55 000 ext. # 1217, 1216.
OP.3: Outpatient Pharmacy 3
Location: Building 1, 3rd Floor.
Opening times: Sunday – Thursday (10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.), Friday (closed), Saturday (10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.)
Contact: Telephone No.: 012 66 55 000 ext. # 3006, 3007.
OP.4: Outpatient Pharmacy 4
Location: Building 7, Ground Floor.
Opening times: Sunday – Thursday (08.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.), Friday (02.00 p.m. to 11.00p.m.), Saturday (08.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.)
Contact: Telephone No.: 012 66 55 000 ext. # 8601, 8602.
Location: Building 7, Ground Floor.
Opening times: Sunday – Thursday (08.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.), Friday (closed), Saturday (08.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.)
Contact: Telephone No.: 012 66 55 000 ext. # 8603.