Dr. Raed A. Azhar is currently the President of the Saudi Urological Association. He completed his Urology residency training at McGill University in Canada then he pursued fellowship training in Advanced Robotics and Laparoscopy at USC Institute of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California under the direction of Dr.Inderbir Gill, one of the world leaders in minimally invasive/robotic urological surgery. He was actively involved with the USC team in the development of innovative techniques in Robotic Urologic surgery. He then arrived back on faculty at King Abdulaziz University in Saudi Arabia while still serving as an adjunct clinical assistant professor of Urology at USC Institute of Urology, Los Angeles, California.
He is considered one of the leaders of robotic urologic surgery in Saudi Arabia and in the Middle East. He has helped developing robotic surgery programs in this part of the world. Most recently he played a leading role in establishing the new robotic surgery program at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah. He is listed as an official robotic surgery provider by Intutive da Vinci Surgery. He has been invited as a speaker, visiting professor, proctor and as surgeon around the world to demonstrate robotic surgery procedures. He has also received several acclaimed awards including scholarship awards, outstanding resident teacher awards as well as several awards for his scientific presentations and surgical videos at scientific meetings. He has presented many abstracts at scientific meetings and has authored several peer-reviewed articles, reviews, and book chapters. He is a reviewer for several urology journals. More recently he joined the SIU (Société Internationale d'Urologie) uCARE research council.
- Active Member of the American Urological Association, Canadian Urological Association and Endourological Society form 2012 to present .
- Physician & Surgeon with Active License from Medical Board of California from 2012 to present .
- Fellow at The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada form 2012 to present .
- Fellow at American College of Surgeons from 2015 to present.
- Scientific Council for Urology Board –Board Member- at Saudi Council of Health Specialties from 2016 to present .
- UCARE Research Council – Board Member at Société Internationale d'Urologie from 2016 to present .
- President at Saudi Urological Association from 2016 to present .