What to bring ?
Medications and medical documents
You are required to bring medications if you are using any at the period of admission. Please make sure to bring the medications in their original containers along with any available supporting documents of the following:
- Relevant medical reports.
- Lab test results.
- Radiological reports.
- Surgery history.
Personal and financial documents
You are required to bring a personal identification document (i.e. Iqama, Hafiza, or Passport) in addition to your valid health insurance card and any relevant document or letter stating the policy of supplementary insurance coverage.
What not to bring ?
- Valuables such as large amounts of cash money, jewellery, expensive watches.
- Bed linens and carpets are provided at the hospital and therefore, no need to bring additional ones.
Surgery related procedures
If you are undergoing a surgery in DSFH, take the following into consideration:
Before the operation
- Your doctor may ask for routine regular tests several days before the surgery.
- Please inform your doctor if you catch cold or have fever in the day before admission.
Operation day Dos and Don’ts
- Don't Shave the area of the surgery .
- Take a shower before coming to the hospital.
- Remove any make-up, hair pins, wigs, nail polish, jewellery and contact lenses.
- Dress loose and comfortable clothing.
- Be aware that dentures may be removed shortly before the surgery.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke at least 6 hours prior to your operation (Preferably starting the midnight before the operation).
After the operation
- Avoid driving or using public transportation without company during the 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Contact your doctor or the emergency department for any possible problems and consequences after the operation.