Family-centered education to our patients and their families in order to promote positive changes in their knowledge, beliefs or behaviors and to ultimately improve their quality of life.The activities conducted by the center including:
- Educating the patients and their families only in the clinics, group teaching throughout the patients awareness lecture in the auditorium which discusses many topics such as: diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis,etc.
- Celebration of international day's events to educate the community about it such as: diabetes day, breast cancer awareness day, asthma day, etc.
- Printing educational materials and distributed to the waiting areas of patients each department had own topics.
- Patients’ Library: All visitors to our Center (patients, their families, community members and staff) are welcome to visit our library and to collect patient educational handouts and brochures for free.
Clinics Available in the Center: Health Education Clinic
Learning about your health and understanding medical conditions can help you make informed decisions about your care and better cope with illness. It is our goal to promote the education, inquiry and well being of our patients and the world by providing the timeliest, appropriate and useful health information available. Diabetic Education Clinic
The clinic aims to increase awareness about the diabetes for diabetic patients and their families so that they can deal with the different circumstances of this disease.They will teach you management skills, including:
Respiratory & Pediatric Education Clinic
- Focus on the importance of monitoring blood sugar levels at home and distributed glucometer devices for free.
- Know how to deal with diabetes in the critical circumstances and special cases (high blood sugar and DKA, low blood sugar, Travel, sick days, school ..... etc.
- Installation of insulin pump in the clinic and teach patients how to deal with it (ability of carbohydrate counting, correction doses counting .. etc) and the installation of the sensor device.
It aims to increase awareness about respiratory diseases such as asthma, COPD..etc. and learn the proper methods to control through proper education to use the different inhalers and nebulaizer machine with giving them some advises about the importance of avoiding triggers at home (such as smoking, perfume, dust). Breastfeeding Clinic
Breastfeeding Support and Lactation Services program is committed to supporting new moms and families who choose to breastfeed their new infant. We have certified breastfeeding educators who offer breastfeeding education, counseling and support in order to make breastfeeding a rewarding experience for both mother and baby. Location & Timings:
The center has two clinics:
- Health & diabetic education clinic: located on the 1st floor in building 2 in the Family Medicine unit.
- Respiratory & pediatric education clinic: located on the ground floor, Building 2 in AIRS unit.
- Hours of operation are: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., every day with Friday being off.
All patients’ visit and services free of charge.